Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lets get started!!

I am getting super excited to get started on our project. After having our propsal reviewed I feel like we are in a good place. We are bumping our plot numbers down but that will give us a chance to really concentrate on them. Today we also discussed our 'I believe' statements about EE. These statements are going to be the basis for a paper refelcting our feelings about EE. My statement focused on my feeling that I feel that EE can and should be taught in all settings, such as urban, rural and suburban. After going through it with Eleanor, I ended in a really good place. She got me thinking about why its important for inner city children to be aware of their environment. When we kept breaking it down I discovered that my roots in this were empowerment and self worth. For someone to care about others they must first care about themselves! This is where I think I am headed!!

No comments: