Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Up and running...

Today we got things up and running!! After lunch Erin, Lynne and Jennifer and I hit the woods and started to make our first plot. With some confusion here and there we did an awesome job at our first plot! This really worked out for us because then we had more time to tweek some of the other aspects instead of attempting to perfect the plot! Working in pairs we went through the plot identifying every living thing that fit in between the red flags! We also hashed out a our descriptions of "tree" vs. "shrub". It was great to Lara come out and double check what we were doing! She really made me feel better about everything and gave me even more confidence that we will reach our expectations. Now, those aren't set to high, but I still think we will accomplish what we wanted to, which to me is the most important. Tomorrow morning should be exciting. The other group is helping us out so we should get 2 plots done for a grand total of 3. Not to shabby!

Today was long but I did get a chance to see a presentation by Mary who is finishing her degree. It was pretty neat to see the end of the program when I am just at the beginning. Her activities were pretty neat and gave me some good ideas.

Robin's presentation was great to! I was so exhausted but I can only imagine how awesome it would be to get to Antarctica. It is on my list of things to do before I die...so I guess I have to go!

1 comment:

The BATS said...

I can feel the enthusiasm and energy for your project and your group! It sounds as though you have a wonderful project going - one that will be beneficial to others for years to come!

I look forward to seeing how it all turns out!