Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We did so much today!

Today was tons of fun! We started the day with Dan Gardoqui from White Pine learning how to track! The most amazing thing I saw today was the porcupine home! When I can steal pictures from Leah I will. The moose scat was the also cool. This is my second sign of a moose maybe the third will be a moose! Very awesome morning in the woods! The afternoon was then spent at the Warren Farm. There we got a better history account of the Tamposi land. I give him a lot of credit for keeping up with the farm. He also just wowed me of all his knowledge and the way he went out and looked up stuff he didn't know. I have a list of questions that I still haven't looked up that I need to take the time to learn. I don't know the area well enough yet but i feel like I have seen a bunch of farms in the area and don't know the competition there is around this area. Now I know where I will get my Christmas tree! There is so much I want to write about today but I think I need to tell people about it before I write more about it. It is hard to write about a day like today cause there was so much! Having way to many issues uploading photos ...so will attempt later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelsea,

It can be overwhelming and exciting to move to a new region of the country. The environment, the people and their relationship/culture to each other is new and different. I hope you journal about if and how you start developing a sense of place in New Hampshire. It might help you help students connect to the land. I look forward to hearing more about your emerging sense of place.